Friday, January 20, 2006

Okay, why am I not posting more work here? Camera issues. And... because Mizayki rules. So much. Dude, I am entirely in love with his imagery. What does this have to do with knitting? Not much, but as I usually watch t.v. and knit at the same time, I find that the Mizayki film festival on TMC (what, you didn't KNOW?) is proving to be so engrossing that my hands stop. I'm right now working on a set of felted car accessories (yeah, weird, huh? Can't go into details. K-N-I-T-T-Y frowns on it) and I was starting the smaller portion of the set when zippidy doo dah, stalled out when I watched My Neighbor Totoro. If you haven't seen it, do, and watch it with someone little. It's major cute. Totoro means troll. Not your standard LOTR troll, mind you... The little girl is named Mei (May) and she is so stinkin' cute--she reminds me a lot of Tucie when she was little.


I have decided, however, to start publishing patterns in earnest on the website. God Only Knows how long it is going to take to get the KoobKoobKoob published, so why not? I had also wanted to break the mold on the whole knitting book thing anyway by posting individual patterns for sale on my website, of course giving the book publisher a portion. Makes sense, doesn't it? How many times have you picked up a pattern book only to like two or three patterns in the whole book. Wouldn't it be better for everyone involved if the publisher and the author made the patterns available individually? What would they have to lose? Publishers operate on a profit margin of 5-10%. So if they make only $2.49 on a $24.95 book and the author on average makes a $1 per sale, then why not make $1.38 per pattern for each individual sale?

Just a thought. I would have bought several Suss Cousins long ago.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home